Thanksgiving has come and gone....

I can't believe Thanksgiving is already over! I love all the hype in preparing for the holidays, but it's kinda a let down when it's all over.

This year, I had this brilliant idea to try and get my mom's side of the family all together. So I took my idea to my Aunt who makes it all happen and voila, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with over 50 family members at a church and lots of yummy food!

Did you know that the average amount of food consumed on Thanksgiving is 4500 calories?! I also heard that the average weight gained over this particular holiday is 7 lbs! I haven't ventured toward the scale yet, but with the number of orange rolls I consumed it ain't gonna be pretty!

I wanted to wish you all a Happy belated Thanksgiving!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited you started a blog! I luv it! I am not a bit suprised at the calorie amount. Its hard to get it back in control after Thanksgiving because Christmas is just right on its heels. We'll regroup in January right? I have a blog, its weeklyreader.vox.com.

Amz said...

Yeah!!! I am so glad you've joined the blogging world! It is so fun! Now if we can just get the others to join....

C Smoot said...

Cute blog Natalie! I'm excited to see updates!

Kata said...

I am sure its more like 6500 cals for me! Watch out scale!! Time to detox.

So, FUN FUN was had while we were together this weekend! I am so glad you made such a huge effort! you are a treatsured friend! Thanks!

kim said...

Yay! I'm so glad all you Rushes are getting on board the blogging bandwagon! I'll have my eye on you!

So the big family Thanksgiving was YOUR idea. How come you and Nay couldn't come up with a way to get ME there too????