We have all been told to enjoy our kids while they are little, because sooner than we know it, they will be all grown up.

So, I would like to know what your routines are, what fun things do you try to do daily/weekly with your kids? I am looking for inspiration, so any and all advice...I want it!

17 comments:

Kasey Lighten said...

Natalie,
Okay we really need to get together! Trev and I took our kids to the same Aquarium on Presidents day TOO!!!
As far as time with the kiddos...some of our best times are at home. Morgan loves puzzles right now and so we do a lot of those...Jake just loves to be chased and tickled! Both free and I really think/hope will make a lasting impression. ;) I know I will always cherish them anyway...

Anonymous said...

What you are pregnant and you didn't even tell us when we were together! I can't believe you! You were probably thinking, oh I don't want to steal her thunder or something. Oh I wish I could have congratulated you in person. CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you guys. How far along are you then? When are you due? You are a stinker.

Joy Bischoff said...

What an interesting way to announce you are pregnant. I too want to know when you are due. I saw your count but I don't want to do the math.

Something we did when the kids were small during Home Evening about once a year is, we would stand each child in the center of the room and everyone would take a turn sharing something they really liked about that person. At the end we would clap and cheer for that person. It taught them to see the good and also to take compliments with grace.

The Bedraggled Mom said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm so excited for you. When are you due?

Lachlan and I like to read books together. He loves to be read to. We also play hide and seek and he loves to be chased. When it's actually nice outside we go to the park, go for walks, or just play in the yard.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Congratulations on baby #4! That's so exciting.
As for your question...something that I've done for a while is that I keep a little "mom journal". It's just a notebook where I write little things that my kids say or do that make me happy to be a mom. Like last night the wind was blowing really hard and when Brigham said his prayers he prayed that "our house can be strong and not blow away cuz then we be cold". My boys love for me to go back and read things out of it to them. It helps me remember things and helps them know that I love being their mom.

Kata said...

These are all great ideas for mommy stuff. Well, my ideas are rather basic. Lately after reading Virgina Pierce's book called A HEART LIKE HIS- I have attempted to open my heart more to my kids. I decided ANY time they ask me to play I will- even if it is just 5 min. They LOVE THIS!
We also Read, make dinner together- they especally love putting on aprons and stirring things on the stove. we do date nights once a month.

Rob and Jenn said...

Since I was a preschool teacher I should have a long list. But I don't. Some of our favorite things to do is make cinnoman rolls. They kids play with their own dough FOREVER. (The kitchen does get dirty). We play hide and seek together in the house. I think the favorite for us all is singing into whisks and dancing to the radio or favorite CD of the day (today was the Cars soundtrack). We also read alot. I've started reading Chapter books to Dallen. We are reading The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe right now...he asks SO many questions about it.

Unknown said...

CONGRATS on baby #4. I am so happy for you! I just voted for a boy. What will the due date be for the little one? Will they be closer to your September Birthday or Michelle's October birthday? Hooray for you and Dave! Congrats!!!

Rob and Jenn said...

I forgot to type CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited to have another niece or nephew! Love you guys.

rccastleberryfamily said...

We are so excited for your family! You have such an adorable family, you are my ideal perfect mother and wife, you're going to handle four kids like it is nothing! Let us know how it is, we will be catching up to you one of these days.

Some of the things we do are little kind deeds without the other person knowing, my kids love to surprise each other. They love to color and do crafts. We play hide and seek too. They also like the squirt bottle game, we play during FHE. The person in the middle has a squirt bottle, they think of a subject like colors, whoever guesses their color gets squirted and then it's their turn to be in the middle, different subject. They love this.
Even if it's playing for a little bit together or watching a movie with popcorn, it's fun.

shannon said...

Hello! I just saw you a couple days ago!!!!! Thanks a lot! Ugh!
Well....CONGRATS!!!!!
Very exciting! We're pulling for a boy...although you do girls so well.
:) Dave needs a boy though I guess.
And if it is a boy, Todd might want to borrow him. :)

Bart said...

Wow, baby four!! We are so happy for you guys. We aren't quite sure when we will try again ... because we might end up with baby #4 too!!!
I wanted to let you know MY favorite thing that we do each week with Kade and Ky. Every Friday night is "Fun Family Friday". We always have pizza (take out, frozen, homeade, just as long as it's pizza) and fries. Kade and Ky love it! They love to help put pepperoni on the pizza. Mom and dad love it because it makes dinner easy. We all watch something on TV together as a family while we eat too (also, only on Fridays).
It sounds very simple, but has become a tradition that we hope to continue. It's an easy way to do something fun after a long, busy week.

Aunt Kaitlin said...

WOW!

Sarah said...

Congratulations Castleberry family!! We are super excited for you!!!!

kim said...

NIK!!! Congratulations, babe!

My kids totally favorite thing to do is play "who in our family" in which, ususally at dinner, Jason makes up questions such as, "who in our family has brown eyes?" "who in our family was born in CT?" The kids want to play at every meal -- until it drives me nuts. Can't we just TALK??? They love to see all the ways we're different and all the ways we're the same.

In honor of baby 4, I'll share another thing we always loved, and perhaps you already have a tradition along these lines, but when I was pregnant, the existing children would pick out a blanket and a hat for the new baby to wear in the hospital. I still have all the hats and all the blankets. The cutest one was the one the girls gave Evan. It was plain, but Emily wrote "Evan" on it in her best preschool handwriting and then Dani decorated it -- mostly scribbles, but Emily claimed they were shooting stars. Its my favorite.

Paul & Ashley Justensen Family said...

Thank you so much for the invite! Your kids are so adorable! And the one on the way is really cute too! Is it a boy? We just think the world of you guys and hope you are doing well. Speaking of babies, I find that taking lots of pictures helps ease the pain of them growing up too fast because then I can go back and relive the memories.
Love you guys lots!
Love,
Ashley Justensen

Aunt Kaitlin said...

like WOW!!!!!!!