WHAT was she thinking???

So, I am getting the girls ready for bed, when I hear Madison frantically yelling EMERGENCY, EMERGENCY!! I went into the bathroom full on expecting something minimal from the drama mama, but this time she was right!

Before my eyes was an open drawer with a thick layer of toothpaste intentionally spread across the entire drawer! I couldn't believe it, WHY???

All fingers pointed to Michelle. She sheepishly looked at me with a daring smile...(what is up with the smile I thought) I was not happy to say the least, but I am really trying to control my tongue in these kinds of situations, so I sternly asked her why she did it. She looked at me thoughtfully said, " I wanted to get in trouble because I like to clean." Hmmmmmm I am not sure what to think about that one. Maybe my plan to punish my kids by giving them more jobs is having the opposite effect! Any advice?......

8 comments:

Kata said...

So stinkin funny! And to think if you had been cross with her- you would have missed out on that cute response. That is a great lesson for me. Since I have been working on the same thing. And I would stick with the cleaning thing- I'd love that!

Lizz said...

WOW!!! Send her my way!!! I've got A LOT she can clean!

Lizz said...

(I love it... drama mama...that's great!)

The Poulson's said...

OH..MY....HECK!! Can it get any funnier than that?? WOW!! I am laughing so hard right now!! Coming from a preschool teacher that is some pretty deep thinking of cause and effect..to intentionally think of something that will get in trouble and then in turn get her a consequence..wow you've got a smart little girl on your hands..WOW i don't even want to think of what kind of teenager she will be!

The Bedraggled Mom said...

Aww, a girl after my own heart. I love cleaning too. How good that you restrained your anger I don't know if I could've done the same.

Troop 442 said...

Nat, what an example of restraint you are! I am proud of you! I don't know what I would have done with that! And to think she wanted to get more jobs! That is hillarious! Seriously, it is pretty funny, but mind boggling to us adults. Why not just ask for more jobs????? :o)

Amz said...

Ugh! I can imagine how frustrating that was for you! Kids can be so sly!

The Foulgers said...

Oh I am glad that she is already addicted to cleaning! I guess you need to give her more jobs! I also love that it was an EMERGENCY! If one of my kids had said that I would go into panic mode, and expect to see blood!:)