My Mom's ward has an annual rodeo and it is a really big deal! She invited all of us kids and all the grandkids so she could show us off. The rodeo festivities last 2 days, but we were only able to go on Saturday, but it was amazing. The day started with a parade, my Mom is the RS President of her ward and they all had to dress up like "Hollywood" it was pretty funny to see her attempt that cause she is just the furthest thing from it!
After the parade we had a scrumptious breakfast of pancakes, ham, eggs, fruit, muffins and juice, it was awesome and could have easily kept me full for the rest of the day, but no there is more! All the free cotton candy, snow cones and popcorn you can eat! We stuffed ourselves silly while we watched the rodeo, mutton busting, which Maddie attempted and lasted 4.9 seconds! We also saw kids try to grab a pig and put it in a barrel, climb a greased pole to grab money at the top, a watermelon spitting contest, and bobbing for apples, it was great!
One of the best parts for us was connecting with Maddie's childhood as in friend from when she was 9 months old. I used to babysit McKenzie when Maddie was 9 months an she was 18 months. I babysat her for 3 years during our college days at BYU. They have stayed good little friends and had a lot of fun running around together.
After all those festivities they provided lunch for everyone of hamburgers, hotdogs, corn on the cob, baked beans and watermelon it was wonderful! A fun time was had by all and then we all rolled home!
2 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun! I can tell thats McKenzie. I totally remember her. That is crazy! I'm jealous of your shelves. That is so awesome! We have lots of garage space to do that, just haven't. Now, I'm going to show Matt you're blog and pressure him!
Your mom is seriously one of my favorite people! She is fabulous!
Post a Comment