October is a CRAZY TIME at our house! This year on October 15 2009, Dave and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary! Crazy how time flies by! Sometimes it feels like just yesterday his picture and class schedule were hanging on my bulletin board up at Ricks College. I didn't "stalk" him, I just made myself very accessible! Besides, if I did stock him, my plan worked and I have been blessed for it ever since! From the first day I met Dave he stole my heart! I am so grateful for the husband he is and the father he is to our 4 beautiful girls! Love you Babe! ETMSD
On October 18th 2009 our little Rachel turned 4! She is sprouting like a bean right under our noses! Sometimes we just want time to stand still so we can take in the sweetness and innocence of these stages of life that are just fleeting by! Rachel is such a joy! So full of life and energy! She has so much to say that her little tongue just can't spit out her words fast enough. She loves to play with her sisters and especially mother her baby sister. She loves to sing and dance and has a wonderful imagination. I have noticed especially this year that she has a talent for coloring. The girl can stay in the lines better than I can! She is very artistic and as long as her art stays on paper vs. her body, the carpet, the walls or others we can all appreciate it!!
On October 28th our baby turned 1!! Happy Birthday Grace! We had a big party like we did for all our girls first birthdays. We had both sides of our family over and huge dessert bar or crepes, icecream, cupcakes, cookies etc. Everyone fussed over Grace and made her feel special, although she is so used to the attention, it probably seemed like just another day to her! Grace is amazing! From day one her sweet little spirit filled our home. We love watching her cute personality unfold. She is the baby of our family but certainly has a mind of her own. She began crawling when she was around 7 months old and enjoyed that so much she refused to walk, infact, she mastered crawling so she took it a step further and then just walked around on her knees. Surely that has to be harder than walking!! Finally around 15 months she decided to attempt the impossible, she is now walking and has never turned back! Thank goodness!
Michelle's birthday is always a whirlwind as she shares it with the ghosts and goblins of Halloween! I was having troubles with my camera so I only have this one picture of Michelle celebrating her 6th birthday. I can't believe it, it was really tugging at my heart strings to let her go to kindergarten this year, but she was sooo ready! Michelle has always been super self motivated! She wanted to learn to read, and I must not have been helping her enough so she decided to venture out on her own. I would find piles of papers with her little handwriting copying words from books, letters, notes that were lying around, one time during the crashing of our last computer, I found a paper by the computer that said all this computer coded stuff she had copied from the screen. Michelle has done so well in school and is such a friend to everyone. She has such a tender, loving heart. She is so thoughtful of others. The other day Madison was sad because she couldn't find a toy, so Michelle came up to me and said: "Mom, if something is important to one of my sisters it's important to me! I am going to help Maddie find her toy!" Michelle makes life so fun and funny! As you know I try to keep a running list of funny things my kids say, and it's not hard to see that the majority of knee slappers come out of her cute mouth! We love you Michelle!
Happy Halloween 2009! This year we hid a pink leopard (Grace), a bride (Rachel), a genie (Michelle) and a beautiful, but scary vampire (Madison)
We went to Grandma Nets house and had a spooky dinner of monster fingers, witches brew, dracula's blood, eyeballs etc. We played a few spooky games and then went trick or treating. It was a cold night, but after only 2 streets the kids had enough candy to satisfy their sweet tooths for months!
No comments:
Post a Comment