Madison's last day of school was July 1st. Thanks to Carrie for sharing her fun family traditions, we started it in ours too! On the last day of school Maddie got breakfast in bed. She ordered pancakes and bacon. She was so happy to wake up, maybe I should adopt this more often...







With her new haircut, we weren't sure how putting her hair in six mini buns to sleep on over night would look...it looked crazy, she loved it and neither of us could stop laughing, we tamed it down by putting it in pigtails.


That morning at the school we had a little awards ceremony, where Madison received the High Flying Hawk Award, which was the highest award a child could receive! She had to complete 16 out of 20 assigned goals. She did a service project, she learned to tie her shoes, jump rope, write her address and phone number, complete math problems in a certain amount of time, get 90% or better on so many spelling tests, to name a few. She was so excited to wear that gold medal around her neck, and we are so proud of her and all her hard work!

Maddie looking bewildered in midst of all the children at the assembly

Great Grandma & Grandpa holding Rachel. They also came to support Maddie

My Dad holding Michelle while the awards were being given out

My dad, Me and my baby brother, he is single ladies!!

Michelle, looking jealous of that shiny gold medal hanging around Maddie's neck!

Maddie was awarded the "Best Animal Artist" by her classmates
Dave with his little 1st grade graduate!

4 comments:

The Foulgers said...

Congratulations Maddie! Those sound like some pretty big accomplishments! Keep up the hard work!

Brittany said...

Hey there, tell Maddie a great big CONGRATS on her award, that is awesome. I can't believe that is your little brother, he sure has grown up from like 10 years old since the last time I saw him. Oh yeah you look great you don't even look the pregnant! Keep in touch!
Britt

rccastleberryfamily said...

Wow, congrats Maddie! You totally deserved breakfast in bed! I am so glad you are doing that Natalie, I have such fun memories of those days!! I can't tell you enough how cute your girls are and how much we love your family! You guys are awesome!!!

The Keetch Family said...

That's a cute tradition. I'll have to remember that. Crazy you guys have an almost 2nd grader. Where does the time go. You look GREAT by the way. I love the green shirt you are wearing. What a cute stylish prego mom you are!!!